Lumixyl™ is a peptide technology that improves the appearance of hyperpigmentation at concentrations as low as 0.01%.
Improve the appearance of hyperpigmentation safely and effectively
A physician-dispensed cosmetic, Lumixyl™ offers an effective, non-irritating alternative for persons wishing to improve the appearance of dark spots or pigmentation, safely and in the long term. When used by itself, Lumixyl yields visible results in 8 to 10 weeks. For accelerated results, the full Lumixyl Brightening System can be used to acheive visible improvements in as little as 4 weeks. Alternatively, a physician may suggest that Lumixyl be used in conjunction with an exfoliant, such as a retinoid, for expedited results in the short term.
Developed by dermatological researchers at Stanford University, Lumixyl™’s ground-breaking technology has been shown by in vitro studies to promote a reduction in the expression of melanin, yielding a blended, more even complexion in all skin types.
Lumixyl™ is created for patients seeking more even skin-tone including those with:
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Sun spots, age spots or liver spots
- Hyperpigmentation caused by systemic disease or prescription drugs
Results without risk
Repeat Insult Patch Tests confirm that, unlike alternative brightening products, Lumixyl™ does not elicit allergic reaction. Furthermore, Lumixyl™ is:
- Easily Degraded by the skin
- Has no significant cytotoxic effect
Preliminary clincical study results are being evaluated in large confirmatory trials and demonstrate the peptide's ability to yield visible results in improving the appearance of melasma. Study participants included persons who had previously been unsuccessful following six month terms using a hydroquinone, retinol, steroid regimen but reported visible improvements with Lumixyl™ in as little as 8 weeks with a 50% improvement after 16 weeks.
Laboratory proof of mechanism of action shows signifcant molecular action
Lumixyl™ is thought to work by inhibiting tyrosinase, the enzyme responsible for the production of melanin in the skin. In fact, in vitro studies show that Lumixyl™is 5.5 times more effective than hydroquinone at equidosage in the moderation of melanin.
Preliminary clinical results are being evaluated in large confirmatory trials and demonstrate that topical use of Lumixyl™ visibly improves mild to moderate hyperpigmentation with excellent volunteer satisfaction in as little as 8 weeks.
In addition to its efficacy, Lumixyl™ is the only skin brightener to offer all of the following benefits in a single product:
- Non-irritating or allergenic
- Safe for all skin types
- Safe for prolonged use
- Easily degraded by the skin
- Will not increase skin’s sensitivity to the sun
- Stabilized so that it will not lose potency or turn brown after opening
- A luxurious, moisture-rich texture
A Complete Approach to Hyperpigmentation: The LUMIXYL BRIGHTENING SYSTEM
The Lumixyl™ Brightening System includes patented cleansing, exfoliant and protective technologies to accelerate the results achieveable with the Lumixyl Cream and provide a full system for the management of unwanted discolouration. The Lumixyl Brightening System includes:
- The Active Prep Cleanser: the most advanced antioxidant cleanser on the market, that works to disrupt the oxidative stress that can exacerbate the production of melanin
- The GlycoPeel20: a concentration of 20% glycolic acid works to exfoliate the dark spots already on the surface of the skin and bring pigmented cells to the surface to expedite brightening overall
- The Brightening Cream: the only product on the market to contain the proprietary Lumixyl™ peptide
- Moisture Lock Sunscreen: a physical sunblock with microionized Titanium Dioxide that goes on clear and contains Symehelios 1031™ to help protect against the toxicity by UVB